Sunday, July 31, 2011

Happy birthday Callum

3 Years old today...

We've had a fab weekend celebrating Callum's birthday.

On Saturday we held a little party for Callum at the house. A bouncey castle arrived in the garden, we put up a gazebo and had children's table and chairs outside. The kiddies arrived at about 11ish. I was so glad to see the sun was shining so they all stayed outside:-) After demolishing their meals of sausage and chips we brought out Callum's 'digger' cake. The delight on Callum's face made the 3 hours spent icing the cake on Friday night all worthwhile... (I have to admit I was pretty chuffed with the cake)



Sunday was Callum's actual birthday which started bright and early at about 6am. Despite Mark and I being absolutely exhausted it was great fun seeing Callum's excitement at all the presents he received. Mark and I gave him a 'big boy bike' so straight after breakfast we loaded children and bikes into the car and went off to explore Burnham Beeches.

We had a great time. Throughout the wooded area there were several roads, purely for cyclists and pedestrians; it was the perfect place for Callum to learn to ride his bike. Although I had to have a finger on Callum's bike to reassure him, he was actually able to ride the bike unassisted by the end of our trip. It is such a buzz as a parent to see your children master something like riding a bike.

Both Bethany and Callum had great fun using a balance bike before getting their 'Big bikes', these seem to be amazing as a first step to learning to ride. Bethany received a bike on her 4th birthday and could ride it without stabilisers before we got to the end of our road. It is lovely to watch how her confidence has grown. Today Bethany whizzed down a big hill and decided she loved the adrenalin of going fast so cycled all the way back up to the top several times, each time trying to go back down faster than the previous attempt!!! The first time she went down Mark and I just froze, both of us praying that she didn't come of the bike and that the squeals were those of delight not fear... fortunately they were the former:-) I'm afraid we were so busy ensuring that the kids didn't fall off their bikes or crash into the other cyclists that we neglected to take any photos!

Elsie enjoyed the fresh air and we all relaxed when we got back, watching a little bit of TV.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home