July and Callum's Arrival

The long awaited blog update…Sorry for the delay!
Well I'm sure most of you have now heard our news, but just in case
Callum Alexander Davidson was born on 31st July 2008 at 0425. He weighed in at 8lb 13.5oz (4.02kg) luckily much of the weight was absorbed by long limbs as opposed to a fat tummy!
Labour and birth were fantastic - 30hours shorter than Bethany's efforts and I managed with only gas and air. It was great to actually get to hold Callum straight away, as Bethany was immediately taken off to special care.
I was obviously determined to add a bit of drama to our story and prolong our hospital stay; about 4 hours after Callum's birth I started hemorrhaging and had to go to theatre where they did their things... (luckily I didn't have to have a general, they gave me a spinal instead, which is a very weird sensation!). Although the blood loss was stopped I had lost approx 2.3litres and my iron levels were half what they should be so I then had to have a blood transfusion...A slightly scary ordeal but we are all home safely now and recovering well.
In between Callum’s arrival and the last blog update lots happened as well….. Bethany’s talking is really beginning to take shape with lots of words now easily distinguishable. There are however numerous conversations with Bethany each day which are obviously extremely important but are yet to be comprehended by anyone other than Bethany!
Aunty Anne came to visit at the beginning of July and we went for a lovely trip to Beale park – Bethany had great fun feeding the peacocks, going on the train and playing in the park.

With the summer weather finally arriving Bethany also got some delayed birthday presents - a new bike and a paddling pool.. The paddling pool was fantastic for me in those last few weeks of pregnancy.
Just before Callum’s arrival Bethany kindly went through a phase of removing her nappy each night and ‘expressing herself’ all over her bedroom! Unsure whether this was a sign that she was ready for potty training I thought I ought to give it a go…. After a week of many ‘uh-ohs’ we gave up on that idea, but at least we tried!!!!
Bethany continues to take well to sleeping in a big bed and her toys are often found to be reading her stories well into the evening!!!!

I will attempt to update the blog and photos again soon… who know when that might be with 2 children to contend with!
Surprisingly enough there are some pictures for you to look at!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home